Courses for exchange students
Planning what to study
At Örebro University, it is most common to study courses consecutively, i.e. one course after another. As an exchange student, you are expected to study full-time - 30 ECTS credits per semester.
Non-EU/EEA citizens must be admitted to full-time studies in order to obtain a residence permit for studies in Sweden by the Swedish Migration Agency. However, the requirement of studying full-time is valid for all exchange students.
When selecting courses, please make sure that they add up to full-time studies. Most exchange students choose four courses of 7,5 ECTS credits but there are other combinations available.
Higher education in Sweden is divided into three cycles: first cycle, second cycle and third cycle. The courses offered in English for our exchange students are at first cycle (Bachelor´s level) and second cycle (Master´s level).
To keep in mind
- It is possible to combine part-time courses that add up to full-time studies.
- It is not possible to combine full-time courses in the same study period due to the workload and conflicting schedules.
- You may enroll in a maximum of 45 ECTS credits per semester.
- Make sure to study a course in each study period (see Study periods below).
- It is essential to have courses in all study periods as course registration is the base for the insurance and student housing.
- Please pay attention to the prerequisites of each course. If you do not meet the prerequisites for your selected courses, we will need to contact you to change your course selection, which will delay your admission.
- Please check your email, including your spam folder, regularly for emails from the International Office.
You will find more detailed information about course selection in the guide "How to select courses" below.