After admission

 En person med mössa ler mot två personer.

Admitted to Örebro University - what happens next? Here you will find important pre-arrival information.

Learning Agreement (Erasmus+ students)

For exchange student within the Erasmus+ programme, the Learning Agreement will be signed at the earliest at the beginning of December (for the spring semester students) and the earliest at the beginning of June (for the autumn semester students). 

Online Learning Agreements (OLA)

For students with OLA, (sent via a digital system such as EWP Dashboard, Mobility Online, MoveOn) please write the following contact information

  • Contact email:
  • Contact person: Ulrika Kvist, Erasmus coordinator.

Learning Agreements as PDF/Word format

The form should be sent by email to the the study advisors of the school to which the majority of your courses belong. Please do not send the Learning Agreement earlier than June/December.

Contact information to the study advisors

Exception: School of Humanities Education and Social Sciences,

Certificate of stay

If your home university requires Örebro University to sign any kind of documents regarding your arrival or stay at Örebro University, you can visit the Info Centre in Långhuset during their opening hours. You can also email the document to the International Office at  

Please fill in your personal information before sending the form to us, for a quicker service.

Depending on where you come from, you may need to apply for a residence permit and/or an entry visa before you come to Sweden. If so, please make sure to apply as soon as you receive your Letter of Acceptance. In the information below you find information about requirements for the visa, depending on what citizenship you have. 

Please note that Örebro University cannot assist you in the visa/residence permit application process.

If you are a citizen of a member country in the European Union (EU), you do not need a visa to enter Sweden.

The Swedish Migration Agency's information for EU citizens

All students with citizenship in a country outside the European Union (EU) are required to obtain a residence permit before entering Sweden. Please read the information on The Swedish Migration Agency's website or get in touch with a Swedish Consulate/Embassy as soon as possible to get further information on what is required in order to obtain the residence permit. You will need the Letter of Acceptance when applying for the residence permit.

The Swedish Migration Agency's information for non-EU citizens

If you are a student with Swiss citizenship, you need to apply for a residence permit in Sweden if your stay exceeds three months.

The Swedish Migration Agency's information for Swiss citizens

From 1 November 2022, when you apply for a residence permit you may need to show your passport or national ID card at an in-person visit at a Swedish embassy or a consulate general before the Swedish Migration Agency can make a decision.

All incoming exchange students that are registered on courses at Örebro University are covered by the insurance Student IN, provided by the state authority Kammarkollegiet (Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency).
The insurance is limited and covers for example for necessary and reasonable costs for emergency medical care or dental care when the insured, during the policy term, suffers illness or has an accident.

EU/EEA students should primarily use the European Health Insurance Card issued in their home countries. It is very important that you read the terms and conditions carefully so you know what additional insurance you might need.

If you need to apply for a residence permit, your Letter of Acceptance is valid as a proof of the Student IN insurance.

Information about the Student IN insurance for exchange students and link to claim form

Information about the European Health Insurance Card

The cost of living in Sweden may be different from your home country, so it is important to plan ahead and budget before your arrival.

Cost of living and budgeting tips for students in Sweden (Study in Sweden website)

For current rents, please go to the Housing Office webpage.


Arrival and orientation

Your exchange semester here starts with a one-of-a-kind orientation programme.



The Housing Office provides all housing services.


Being a student in Örebro

Örebro has the perfect mix of city life, stunning nature, history, art and events.

Studenter vid Nova-torget

Getting here

It's easy to get to Örebro - by air, train or bus.