Jennifer RenouxTitle: Researcher School/office: School of Science and Technology
Phone: +46 19 303793
About Jennifer Renoux
Jennifer Renoux is a researcher in Artificial Intelligence at the Centre for Applied Autonomous Sensor Systems (AASS). Her research focuses on communication in human-machine teams, epistemic and multi-agent planning.
Jennifer received her Ph.D. in Artificial Intelligence and Application in 2015 from the University of Caen Normandy (France) with a research topic of planning for information gathering in multi-agent systems. Her research focused on how a team of artificial agents could coordinate online in order to gather information in an uncertain and dynamic environment. She developed an agent-based relevance degree to quantify how relevant a given piece of information is for a given agent, and incorporate it in a Theory-of-Mind based model to allow online coordination. She has since broadened her research interests to communication in multi-agent teams, and specifically mixed human-machine teams. She is trying to understand how communication impacts the performance of mixed human-machine teams, and how it can be used to create efficient, comfortable, and trustworthy interactions between humans and artificial systems.
Teaching & Science Popularization
Jennifer is involved in various teaching activities, with a focus on Software Engineering for both the Högskoleingenjör and Civilingenjör programs. She is also co-responsible for the SMARTER course on AI & Ethics for Engineers.
Besides her work as a researcher and a teacher, Jennifer is strongly involved in the popularization of her research field, and of Science in general. She is involved in various activities on various media, such as blog posts, podcasts, exhibitions, presentations in schools...
Articles in journals
- Luperto, M. , Monroy, J. , Renoux, J. , Lunardini, F. , Basilico, N. , Bulgheroni, M. , Cangelosi, A. , Cesari, M. & et al. (2022). Integrating Social Assistive Robots, IoT, Virtual Communities and Smart Objects to Assist at-Home Independently Living Elders: the MoveCare Project. International Journal of Social Robotics, 1-31.
- Köckemann, U. , Alirezaie, M. , Renoux, J. , Tsiftes, N. , Ahmed, M. U. , Morberg, D. , Lindén, M. & Loutfi, A. (2020). Open-Source Data Collection and Data Sets for Activity Recognition in Smart Homes. Sensors, 20 (3).
- Alirezaie, M. , Renoux, J. , Köckemann, U. , Kristoffersson, A. , Karlsson, L. , Blomqvist, E. , Tsiftes, N. , Voigt, T. & et al. (2017). An Ontology-based Context-aware System for Smart Homes: E-care@home. Sensors, 17 (7).
- Renoux, J. , Veiga, T. S. , Lima, P. U. & Spaan, M. T. J. (2020). A Unified Decision-Theoretic Model for Information Gathering and Communication Planning. In: 2020 29th IEEE International Conference on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN). Paper presented at 29th IEEE International Conference on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN 2020), (Virtual Conference), Naples, Italy, August 31 - September 4, 2020 (pp. 67-74). IEEE.
- Renoux, J. , Luperto, M. , Basilico, N. , Romeo, M. , Milis, M. , Lunardini, F. , Ferrante, S. , Loutfi, A. & et al. (2020). A Virtual Caregiver for Assisted Daily Living of Pre-Frail Users. In: Ute Schmid, Franziska Klügl, Diedrich Wolter, KI 2020: Advances in Artificial Intelligence 43rd German Conference on AI, Bamberg, Germany, September 21–25, 2020, Proceedings. Paper presented at 43rd German Conference on Artificial Intelligence (KI 2020), (virtual conference), Bamberg, Germany, September 21-25, 2020 (pp. 176-189). Cham: Springer.
- Lunardini, F. , Luperto, M. , Romeo, M. , Renoux, J. , Basilico, N. , Krpič, A. , Borghese, N. A. & Ferrante, S. (2019). The MOVECARE project: Home-based monitoring of frailty. In: 2019 IEEE EMBS International Conference on Biomedical & Health Informatics (BHI) Proceedings. Paper presented at 2019 IEEE EMBS International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics (BHI 2019), Dorin Forum, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, United States, May 19-22, 2019. IEEE.
- Renoux, J. , Köckemann, U. & Loutfi, A. (2018). Online Guest Detection in a Smart Home using Pervasive Sensors and Probabilistic Reasoning. In: Achilles Kameas, Kostas Stathis, Ambient Intelligence. Paper presented at 14th European Conference on Ambient Intelligence, Larnaca, Cyprus, November 12-14 (pp. 74-89). Springer.
- Vuono, A. , Luperto, M. , Banfi, J. , Basilico, N. , Borghese, N. A. , Sioutis, M. , Renoux, J. & Loutfi, A. (2018). Seeking Prevention of Cognitive Decline in Elders via Activity Suggestion by A Virtual Caregiver. In: Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and MultiAgent Systems (AAMAS '18). Paper presented at 17th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2018), Stockholm, Sweden, July 10-15, 2018 (pp. 1835-1837). Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
- Renoux, J. & Klügl, F. (2018). Simulating Daily Activities in a Smart Home for Data Generation. In: 2018 Winter Simulation Conference (WSC). Paper presented at Winter Simulation Conference (WSC), Gothenburg, Sweden, December 9-12, 2018 (pp. 798-809). New York, USA: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Renoux, J. (2017). Active Situation Reporting: Definition and Analysis. Paper presented at 15th European Conference on Multi-Agent Systems, 14-15 December 2017, Evry, December 14-15, France. EUMAS Université Paris-Saclay.
- Renoux, J. , Alirezaie, M. , Karlsson, L. , Köckemann, U. , Pecora, F. & Loutfi, A. (2017). Context Recognition in Multiple Occupants Situations: Detecting the Number of Agents in a Smart Home Environment with Simple Sensors. In: Knowledge-based techniques for problem solving and reasoning(KnowProS 2017) A workshop at AAAI 2017, February 5, 2017, San Francisco, U.S.A.. Paper presented at Workshop on Knowledge-Based Techniques for Problem Solving and Reasoning (KnowProS’17) (pp. 758-764). Palo Alto: AAAI Press.
- Renoux, J. , Mouaddib, A. & Gloannec, S. L. (2015). A decision-theoretic planning approach for multi-robot exploration and event search. In: 2015 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS). Paper presented at International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS’15), Hamburg, Germany, September 28 - October 2, 2015. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Renoux, J. , Mouaddib, A. & LeGloannec, S. (2014). Distributed Decision-Theoretic Active Perception for Multi-robot Active Information Gathering. In: Torra, V.; Narukawa, Y., Endo, Y., Modeling Decisions for Artificial Intelligence 11th International Conference, MDAI 2014, Tokyo, Japan, October 29-31, 2014: Proceedings. Paper presented at 11th International Conference on Modeling Decisions for Artificial Intelligence (MDAI 2014), Tokyo, Japan, October 29-31, 2014 (pp. 60-71). Springer.
Doctoral theses, monographs
- Renoux, J. (2015). Contribution to multiagent planning for active information gathering. (Doctoral dissertation). Université de Caen Basse-Normandie.
- Renoux, J. , Mouaddib, A. & LeGloannec, S. (2015). Method For Obtaining A System For Active, Decentralized Multi-agent Situation Control .