About Nadezhda Golovchanova
Nadezhda Golovchanova is a doctoral student in psychology in the EU-funded PhD programme NEWBREED within the thematic area of Successful Ageing and psychosocial adjustment. The programme is co-funded by the European Commission through the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions, Co-founding of Regional, National and International Programmes (MSCA COFOUND).
Nadezhda completed her undergraduate and graduate education in psychology at Demidov Yaroslavl State University in Russia. During her undergraduate studies, she spent an exchange year at Susquehanna University, USA. In 2018 she also obtained a research master's degree in psychology from KU Leuven, Belgium. Nadezhda had been working in Yaroslavl, Russia, as a lecturer and project coordinator at Demidov Yaroslavl State University, as a school psychologist, and as a medical psychologist at a regional residential care facility for the elderly people. In 2012-2013 she worked at Radboud University Nijmegen in the Netherlands as a visiting researcher for 6 months. Her research interests include psychology of ageing, existential dimension of human life, and psychotherapeutic process. Her current doctoral project concentrates on feelings of unsafety and fear of crime in late life. Nadezhda is also part of the Center for Criminological and Psychosocial Research (CAPS). Since January 2020 she is affiliated with the Swedish National Graduate School for Competitive Science on Ageing and Health (SWEAH).
Articles in journals
- Golovchanova, N. , Andershed, H. , Boersma, K. & Hellfeldt, K. (2022). Perceived reasons of unsafety among independently living older adults in Sweden. Nordic Journal of Criminology, 23 (1), 44-60.
- Golovchanova, N. , Boersma, K. , Andershed, H. & Hellfeldt, K. (2021). Affective Fear of Crime and Its Association with Depressive Feelings and Life Satisfaction in Advanced Age: Cognitive Emotion Regulation as a Moderator?. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18 (9).
- Golovchanova, N. , Dezutter, J. & Vanhooren, S. (2021). Meaning profiles and the perception of the working alliance at the start of outpatient person‐centered, experiential, and existential psychotherapies. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 77 (3), 770-781.
- Golovchanova, N. , Owiredua, C. , Boersma, K. , Andershed, H. & Hellfeldt, K. (2021). Presence of Meaning in Life in Older Men and Women: The Role of Dimensions of Frailty and Social Support. Frontiers in Psychology, 12.
- Thauvoye, E. , Granqvist, P. , Golovchanova, N. & Dezutter, J. (2018). Attachment to God, depression and loss in late life: a longitudinal study. Mental Health, Religion & Culture, 21 (8), 825-837.
- Golovchanova, N. & Kuin, Y. (2014). Depressive feelings as presented in primary care in the Netherlands. Medical Psychology in Russia: Scientific Web Journal, 6 (1), 1-9.
- Golovchanova, N. , Evans, B. , Hellfeldt, K. , Andershed, H. & Boersma, K. (2022). Vulnerability for perceived unsafety among older adults: A latent profile analysis. Paper presented at 26th Nordic Congress of Gerontology (26NKG), Odense, Denmark, June 8-10, 2022.
- Golovchanova, N. , Boersma, K. , Andershed, H. & Hellfeldt, K. (2021). Affective fear of crime and its associations with depressive feelings and life satisfaction in older adults: Cognitive emotion regulation as a moderator?. In: The Stockholm Criminology Symposium Program & Abstracts. Paper presented at The Stockholm Criminology Symposium, Stockholm, Sweden, June 15-16, 2021 (pp. 29-29). The Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention (Brå).
- Golovchanova, N. , Andershed, H. , Boersma, K. & Hellfeldt, K. (2021). Feelings of unsafety and well-being in advanced age. Paper presented at 25th Nordic Gerontology Congress, Reykjavik, Iceland, (Virtual Congress), June 2-4, 2021.
- Golovchanova, N. , Owiredua, C. , Boersma, K. , Andershed, H. & Hellfeldt, K. (2021). Presence Of Meaning In Older Men And Women: The Role Of Frailty Dimensions And Social Support. Paper presented at SWEAH (The Swedish National Graduate School for Competitive Science on Ageing and Health) Milestone Conference, Lund university, Lund, Sweden, Online conference, October 19-20, 2021.
- Golovchanova, N. , Andershed, H. & Hellfeldt, K. (2019). The +65 and Safe Study: Feelings of unsafety and fear of crime in advanced age. Paper presented at International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics European Region Congress, Gothenburg, Sweden, May 23-25, 2019.
- Golovchanova, N. (2019). Unsafety feelings among older adults: Considering the context of ageing. Paper presented at ORUkrim-dagen, Örebro University, Örebro, Sweden, October 9, 2019.
- Golovchanova, N. , Dezutter, J. & Vanhooren, S. (2018). Meaning profiles at the start of therapy. Paper presented at Annual Meeting of the Belgian Association for Psychological Science, Ghent University, Belgium, May 18, 2018.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Golovchanova, N. (2023). Older and Feeling Unsafe? Unravelling the Role of Perceived Unsafety in the Well-being of Older Adults Residing in Senior Apartments. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro University.