About Nadezhda Golovchanova
Nadezhda Golovchanova (PhD) is a psychologist with a broad interest in mental health and well-being aspects of adults and older adults. She had previously worked as a lecturer, a project coordinator, and as a medical psychologist at a residential care facility for older people.
She obtained her research master’s degree in psychology (cum laude) from KU Leuven, Belgium (2018). During her doctoral studies, Nadezhda has been a part of the Newbreed Successful Ageing doctoral program at Örebro University. Since 2020, she has also been affiliated with the Swedish National Graduate School on Ageing and Health (SWEAH). In January 2023, Nadezhda defended her doctoral dissertation Older and Feeling Unsafe? Unravelling the Role of Perceived Unsafety in the Well-being of Older Adults Residing in Senior Apartments.
Nadezhda is currently lecturing at Örebro University (in courses on Emotion and Motivation, Social Psychology, and Applied Psychology from the Lifespan perspective). Her research interests include psycho-social adjustment and well-being from the life-span perspective.
Articles in journals
- Golovchanova, N. , Evans, B. , Hellfeldt, K. , Andershed, H. & Boersma, K. (2023). Older and feeling unsafe? Differences in underlying vulnerability, anxiety and life satisfaction among older adults. Aging & Mental Health, 27 (8), 1636-1643.
- Golovchanova, N. , Andershed, H. , Boersma, K. & Hellfeldt, K. (2022). Perceived reasons of unsafety among independently living older adults in Sweden. Nordic Journal of Criminology, 23 (1), 44-60.
- Golovchanova, N. , Boersma, K. , Andershed, H. & Hellfeldt, K. (2021). Affective Fear of Crime and Its Association with Depressive Feelings and Life Satisfaction in Advanced Age: Cognitive Emotion Regulation as a Moderator?. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18 (9).
- Golovchanova, N. , Dezutter, J. & Vanhooren, S. (2021). Meaning profiles and the perception of the working alliance at the start of outpatient person‐centered, experiential, and existential psychotherapies. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 77 (3), 770-781.
- Golovchanova, N. , Owiredua, C. , Boersma, K. , Andershed, H. & Hellfeldt, K. (2021). Presence of Meaning in Life in Older Men and Women: The Role of Dimensions of Frailty and Social Support. Frontiers in Psychology, 12.
- Thauvoye, E. , Granqvist, P. , Golovchanova, N. & Dezutter, J. (2018). Attachment to God, depression and loss in late life: a longitudinal study. Mental Health, Religion & Culture, 21 (8), 825-837.
- Golovchanova, N. & Kuin, Y. (2014). Depressive feelings as presented in primary care in the Netherlands. Medical Psychology in Russia: Scientific Web Journal, 6 (1), 1-9.
- Golovchanova, N. , Evans, B. , Hellfeldt, K. , Andershed, H. & Boersma, K. (2022). Vulnerability for perceived unsafety among older adults: A latent profile analysis. Paper presented at 26th Nordic Congress of Gerontology (26NKG), Odense, Denmark, June 8-10, 2022.
- Golovchanova, N. , Boersma, K. , Andershed, H. & Hellfeldt, K. (2021). Affective fear of crime and its associations with depressive feelings and life satisfaction in older adults: Cognitive emotion regulation as a moderator?. In: The Stockholm Criminology Symposium Program & Abstracts. Paper presented at The Stockholm Criminology Symposium, Stockholm, Sweden, June 15-16, 2021. (pp. 29-29). The Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention (Brå).
- Golovchanova, N. , Andershed, H. , Boersma, K. & Hellfeldt, K. (2021). Feelings of unsafety and well-being in advanced age. Paper presented at 25th Nordic Gerontology Congress, Reykjavik, Iceland, (Virtual Congress), June 2-4, 2021.
- Golovchanova, N. , Owiredua, C. , Boersma, K. , Andershed, H. & Hellfeldt, K. (2021). Presence Of Meaning In Older Men And Women: The Role Of Frailty Dimensions And Social Support. Paper presented at SWEAH (The Swedish National Graduate School for Competitive Science on Ageing and Health) Milestone Conference, Lund university, Lund, Sweden, Online conference, October 19-20, 2021.
- Golovchanova, N. , Andershed, H. & Hellfeldt, K. (2019). The +65 and Safe Study: Feelings of unsafety and fear of crime in advanced age. Paper presented at International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics European Region Congress, Gothenburg, Sweden, May 23-25, 2019.
- Golovchanova, N. (2019). Unsafety feelings among older adults: Considering the context of ageing. Paper presented at ORUkrim-dagen, Örebro University, Örebro, Sweden, October 9, 2019.
- Golovchanova, N. , Dezutter, J. & Vanhooren, S. (2018). Meaning profiles at the start of therapy. Paper presented at Annual Meeting of the Belgian Association for Psychological Science, Ghent University, Belgium, May 18, 2018.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Golovchanova, N. (2023). Older and Feeling Unsafe? Unravelling the Role of Perceived Unsafety in the Well-being of Older Adults Residing in Senior Apartments. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro University.
- Golovchanova, N. , Evans, B. , Hellfeldt, K. , Andershed, H. & Boersma, K. Older and feeling unsafe? Differences in underlying vulnerability, anxiety, and life satisfaction among older adults.