Sarah GranbergTitle: Senior Lecturer School/office: School of Health Sciences
Phone: +46 19 302154
About Sarah Granberg
Sarah Granberg (1973), PhD, Reg. Audiologist, holds a position as a senior lecturer and researcher at Örebro University and at the Audiological Research Center, University Hospital in Örebro.
Sarah Granberg teaches foremost in the areas of adult audiological rehabilitation, health, International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF), Evidence-based-Practice (EBP), and various reserach methodologies. Sarah has a special interest in Person-Centered Audiological Rehabiliation (PCAR) and how the Swedish hearing health care can develop into this course.
Sarah is currently the co-supervisor of two PhD Candidates at Örebro University. Her reserach concern hearing loss in the working life, health and quality of life, audiological rehabilitation of adults with severe hearing loss, older adults with severe dual-senory loss, and reserach within the area of International Classificaton of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF). She is part of several internatioal research collaborations including Department of Speech & Hearing, Manipal College of Health Professions, Manipal Academy of Higher Education in Manipal i Karnataka, Indien; Department of Speech and Hearing Science, Lamar University i Texas, USA; Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, University of Pretoria, South Africa; École d’optométrie, Université de Montréal, Kanada och Deparment of Psychology, University of Toronto Mississauga, Kanada; ICF Research Branch, Nottwil, Schweiz; and Dept. of Audiologi, Fakultet for medisin og helsevitenskap, Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet (NTNU), Norge.
Sarah frequently review for scientific journals such as BMJ Journal, Disability & Rehabilitation, International journal of Audiology, Ear and Hearing , JSLHR, and Trends in Hearing. She has also acted as a half-time reviewer of a PhD work at Karolinska Instituet (KI) conserning ICF in general practice (medicine). Furhermore, she has worked as an international examiner for a PhD degree in Australia. The work concerned significant others and vestibular disorders.
Honours and awards
Sarah Granbergs thesis "Functioning and Disability in adults with hearing loss: The preparatory studies in the ICF Core sets for Hearing loss project" recieved in 2015 the Arnbrink Award. This award is honored a PhD work of high quality in the area of audiology/hearing science. The award was granted by the Svenska Audiologiska Sällskapet and Gunnar Arnbrinks Stiftelse
Sarah has a close collaboration with the Swedish Association of Hard of Hearing and frequently holds popular-scientific talks on different matters related to the target groups of her reserach. She has also given several popular-scientific interviews in both radio and in different journals.
Articles in journals
- Manchaiah, V. , Nisha, K. , Prabhu, P. , Granberg, S. , Karlsson, E. , Andersson, G. & Beukes, E. W. (2022). Examining the consequences of tinnitus using the multidimensional perspective. Acta Oto-Laryngologica, 142 (1), 67-72.
- Lundin, E. , Widén, S. E. , Wahlqvist, M. , Granberg, S. & Anderzen-Carlsson, A. (2022). Experiences of rehabilitation services from the perspective of older adults with dual sensory loss: a qualitative study. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being, 17 (1).
- Wittich, W. , Granberg, S. , Wahlqvist, M. , Pichora-Fuller, M. K. & Mäki-Torkko, E. (2021). Device abandonment in deafblindness: a scoping review of the intersection of functionality and usability through the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health lens. BMJ Open, 11 (1).
- Karlsson, E. , Mäki-Torkko, E. , Widén, S. , Gustafsson, J. , Manchaiah, V. , Mahomed-Asmail, F. , Swanepoel, D. W. , Yerraguntla, K. & et al. (2021). Validation of the Brief International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) core set for hearing loss: an international multicentre study. International Journal of Audiology, 60 (6), 412-420.
- Lundin, E. , Widén, S. , Wahlqvist, M. , Anderzen-Carlsson, A. & Granberg, S. (2020). Prevalence, diagnoses and rehabilitation services related to severe dual sensory loss (DSL) in older persons: a cross-sectional study based on medical records. International Journal of Audiology, 59 (12), 921-929.
- Manchaiah, V. , Granberg, S. , Grover, V. , Saunders, G. H. & Ann Hall, D. (2019). Content validity and readability of patient-reported questionnaire instruments of hearing disability. International Journal of Audiology, 58 (9), 565-575.
- Manchaiah, V. , Beukes, E. W. , Granberg, S. , Durisala, N. , Baguley, D. M. , Allen, P. M. & Andersson, G. (2018). Problems and Life Effects Experienced by Tinnitus Research Study Volunteers: An Exploratory Study Using the ICF Classification. Journal of american academy of audiology, 29 (10), 936-947.
- Durisala, N. , Manchaiah, V. , Granberg, S. & Möller, K. (2017). Determination and classification of the problems experienced by adults with single-sided deafness using ICF classification: an exploratory study using 26 participants. Clinical Otolaryngology, 42 (3), 748-752.
- Granberg, S. , Pronk, M. , Swanepoel, D. W. , Kramer, S. E. , Hagsten, H. , Hjaldahl, J. , Möller, C. & Danermark, B. (2014). The ICF core sets for hearing loss project: Functioning and disability from the patient perspective. International Journal of Audiology, 53 (11), 777-786.
- Granberg, S. , Swanepoel, D. W. , Englund, U. , Möller, C. & Danermark, B. (2014). The ICF core sets for hearing loss project: International expert survey on functioning and disability of adults with hearing loss using the International classification of functioning, disability, and health (ICF). International Journal of Audiology, 53 (8), 497-506.
- Danermark, B. , Granberg, S. , Kramer, S. E. , Selb, M. & Möller, C. (2013). The Creation of a Comprehensive and a Brief Core Set for Hearing Loss Using the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health. American Journal of Audiology, 22 (2), 323-328.
- Jansson-Fröjmark, M. , Linton, S. J. , Flink, I. K. , Granberg, S. , Danermark, B. & Norell-Clarke, A. (2012). Cognitive-behavioral therapy for insomnia co-morbid with hearing impairment: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of clinical psychology in medical settings, 19 (2), 224-234.
- Danermark, B. , Cieza, A. , Gangé, J. , Gimigliano, F. , Granberg, S. , Hickson, L. , Kramer, S. , McPherson, B. & et al. (2010). International classification of functioning, disability, and health core sets for hearing loss: A discussion paper and invitation. International Journal of Audiology, 49 (4), 256-262.
- Granberg, S. , Danermark, B. & Gagné, J. (2010). The Development of ICF Core Sets for Hearing Loss. PERSPECTIVES ON AUDIOLOGY, 6 (1), 20-23.
- Warnicke, C. & Granberg, S. (2022). Interpreter-mediated interactions between people using a signed respective spoken language across distances in real time: a scoping review. BMC Health Services Research, 22 (1).
- Granberg, S. & Gustafsson, J. (2021). Key findings about hearing loss in the working-life: a scoping review from a well-being perspective. International Journal of Audiology, 60 (S2), 60-70.
- Granberg, S. , Dahlström, J. , Möller, C. , Kähäri, K. & Danermark, B. (2014). The ICF Core Sets for hearing loss - researcher perspective. Part I: Systematic review of outcome measures identified in audiological research. International Journal of Audiology, 53 (2), 65-76.
- Granberg, S. , Möller, K. , Skagerstrand, Å. , Möller, C. & Danermark, B. (2014). The ICF Core Sets for hearing loss: researcher perspective, Part II: Linking outcome measures to the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF). International Journal of Audiology, 53 (2), 77-87.
Chapters in books
- Granberg, S. (2017). Functioning in adults with hearing loss. In: Vinaya Manchaiah, Berth Danermark, The experience of hearing loss: Journey through aural rehabilitation (pp. 17-28). New York, USA: Routledge.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Granberg, S. (2015). Functioning and disability in adults with hearing loss: the preparatory studies in the ICF Core sets for hearing loss project. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro university.
- Karlsson, E. , Manchaiah, V. , Mäki-Torkko, E. , Granberg, S. , Gustafsson, J. & Widén, S. Hearing and Functioning in Everyday Life Questionnaire (HFEQ) : Construct validity, internal consistency reliability and floor and ceiling effects.
- Karlsson, E. , Mäki-Torkko, E. , Granberg, S. , Widén, S. , Manchaiah, V. , Vinay, M. , Pichora-Fuller, K. , Selb, M. & et al. Hearing and Functioning in Everyday Life Questionnaire (HFEQ) : Development and Validation of an ICF-based Instrument.