About Serena Bauducco
Serena Bauducco works at the Center for Health and Medical Psychology (CHAMP) at Örebro University.
She earned her PhD in Psychology at Örebro University in 2017.
Her main research interest is sleep in adolescents. Specifically, she is interested in the factors that may exacerbate or improve sleep, the relationship between sleep and mental health, and the potential of school-based interventions to improve adolescents´ sleep health.
She is currently working on her postdoc project, which aims to understand the impact of technology use and online peer interactions on adolescents’ sleep.
Articles in journals
- Arnison, T. , Schrooten, M. G. S. , Bauducco, S. , Jansson-Fröjmark, M. & Persson, J. (2022). Sleep phase and pre-sleep arousal predicted co-developmental trajectories of pain and insomnia within adolescence. Scientific Reports, 12 (1).
- Bauducco, S. , Özdemir, M. , Gradisar, M. , Boersma, K. & Bayram Özdemir, S. (2022). Trajectories of insomnia symptoms and insufficient sleep duration in early adolescents: associations with school stress. SLEEP Advances, 3 (1).
- Latina, D. , Bauducco, S. & Tilton-Weaver, L. (2021). Insomnia symptoms and non-suicidal self-injury in adolescence: understanding temporal relations and mechanisms. Journal of Sleep Research (1).
- Bauducco, S. & Boersma, K. (2020). Interventioner för att förebygga sömnbrist hos tonåringar: fokus på individ eller samhälle?. Socialmedicinsk Tidskrift, 97 (5-6), 866-877.
- Bauducco, S. , Flink, I. , Boersma, K. & Linton, S. J. (2020). Preventing sleep deficit in adolescents: Long-term effects of a quasi-experimental school-based intervention study. Journal of Sleep Research, 29 (1).
- Bauducco, S. , Bayram Özdemir, S. , Özdemir, M. & Boersma, K. (2019). Adolescents' sleep trajectories over time: school stress as a potential risk factor for the development of chronic sleep problems. Sleep Medicine, 64 (Suppl. 1), S27-S27.
- Bauducco, S. , Salihovic, S. & Boersma, K. (2019). Bidirectional associations between adolescents’ sleep problems and impulsive behavior over time. Sleep Medicine, 1.
- Mazzer, K. , Bauducco, S. , Linton, S. J. & Boersma, K. (2018). Longitudinal associations between time spent using technology and sleep duration among adolescents. Journal of Adolescence, 66, 112-119.
- Bauducco, S. , Flink, I. , Jansson-Fröjmark, M. & Linton, S. (2016). Sleep duration and patterns in adolescents: Correlates and the role of daily stressors. Sleep Health, 2 (3), 211-218.
- Bauducco, S. V. , Tillfors, M. , Özdemir, M. , Flink, I. K. & Linton, S. J. (2015). Too tired for school?: the effects of insomnia on absenteeism in adolescence. Sleep Health, 1 (3), 205-210.
- Gradisar, M. , Kahn, M. , Micic, G. , Short, M. , Reynolds, C. , Orchard, F. , Bauducco, S. , Bartel, K. & et al. (2022). Sleep’s role in the development and resolution of adolescent depression. Nature Reviews Psychology.
- Bauducco, S. , Richardson, C. & Gradisar, M. (2020). Chronotype, Circadian Rhythms and Mood. Current Opinion in Psychology, 34, 77-83.
- Bauducco, S. , Bayram Özdemir, S. , Özdemir, M. & Boersma, K. (2019). Adolescents’ sleep trajectories over time: School stress as a potential risk factor for the development of chronic sleep problems. Paper presented at World Sleep 2019, Vancouver, Canada, September 20-25, 2019.
- Bauducco, S. (2017). Longitudinal associations between sleep and technology: Are teens using technology as a sleep aid or is technology disrupting their sleep?. Paper presented at 18th European Conference on Developmental Psychology, Utrecht, The Netherlands, August 29 - September 1, 2017.
- Bauducco, S. , Flink, I. & Linton, S. J. (2016). Making room for sleep: A classroom based prevention program for adolescents. In: EABCT2016 Abstract Book. Paper presented at 46th European Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies congress (EABCT 2016), Stockholm, Sweden, August 31 - September 3, 2016 (pp. 546-546).
- Bauducco, S. , Flink, I. & Linton, S. J. (2016). Prevalence, Incidence and Risk Factors for Sleep Deprivation in Adolescence: The Role of Technology and Stress. Paper presented at 8th World Congress of Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies (WCBCT 2016), Melbourne, Australia, June 22-25, 2016.
- Bauducco, S. , Penayo, A. , Truedsson, M. , Flink, I. & Linton, S. J. (2015). Preventing Adolescents´ Sleep Deprivation in a 24/7 Society: New Ideas from the Teenagers Themselves. Paper presented at 45th Annual EABCT Congress, Jerusalem, Israel, August 31-September 3, 2015.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Bauducco, S. (2017). Adolescents' sleep in a 24/7 society: Epidemiology and prevention. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro University.
- Bauducco, S. V. , Flink, I. K. & Linton, S. J. Making room for sleep : The evaluation of a preventive school-based program to improve adolescents´ sleep.