Health and family climate in families where one parent has deafblindness
About this project
The overacting aim with the project is to determine the family-situation, health and well-being I families, where one parent has deafblindness.
The specific aims are to:
• Study the impact of deafblindness on the parental role, as well as daily life for family members in families where one parent has deafblindness.
• Study self-rated quality of life (QoL) in family members in families where one parent has deafblindness
• Study self-rated sense of coherence in family members in families where one parent has deafblindness
• Study self-rated family climate in family members in families where one parent has deafblindness
• Observe any concordances in the above-mentioned self-ratings, between family members as well as between members of families where the parent with deafblindness has a pre-lingual deafness and members of families in which the parent with deafblindness has become deaf/heard of hearing later in life.
Data is collected by means of well-established questionnaires and by individual semi-structured interviews. A purposeful sampling technique is used to recruit parents with deadblindness as well as their partners and children (aged 6-18 year who resides with the parent with deafblindness at least 50% of full time).
The project is an interdisciplinary research between researchers at Örebro County Region (principal authority), Örebro University and Jönköping University.
The project has received funding from Stiftelsen för Medicinsk Forskning vid Universitetssjukhuset Örebro – Nyckelfonden, Mo Gårds Forskningsfond and the Research Committee at Örebro Count Region.
Research funding bodies
- The Swedish Foundation Medicinsk Forskning vid USÖ
- The Swedish Foundation Mo Gård Forskningsfond
- Karina Huus, Jönköping University
- Maria Björk, Högskolan Skövde
- Region Örebro län