Annika AnderssonTitle: Senior Lecturer School/office: Örebro University School of Business
Phone: +46 19 303382
About Annika Andersson
My research concerns changes to practices when information technology (IT) is introduced in organizational settings. I have done much research within eGovernment, IT & learning, Information- and Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D) and Information Security. I have worked in e-learning projects in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and also researched the one-laptop-per-child-initiative in Sweden. For many years I have also researched power aspects in relation to the process of information security standard making. At the moment my research projects include digital sustainability in schools and the digitalization of social work. I work empirically close to my units of studies and my preferred theories are Structuration theory, Discourse theory and Affordance theory. Within the field of ICT4D my main activities today relate to my missions on the Editorial Board of the top-ranking journal in the field - Information Technologies for Development.
My teaching spans from undergraduate level to doctoral level and mainly concerns thesis supervision, systems development and computer science.
- A digital index for evaluating and developing digitalisation in the public sector
- Hands on the wheel? Managing automation processes in social work
- IPID, research network
- "The computer says no!" - a study about public sector legitimacy and citizen trust in e-government
- Agricultural Market Information System
- Bangladesh Virtual Classroom
- Evaluating capabilities - outcomes from ICT use in education
- Impact of Digital Learning Technologies on Language Learning in Higher Education
- Learning from e-Learning
- Leadership for a sustainable digital work environment - technology strategies and the borders or work life
- The role of ICTs in trans-national citizen engagement
- Using Social Media as a Learning Management System in Developing Countries
Articles in journals
- Andersson, A. & Hatakka, M. (2023). ICT4D and the Sustainable Development Goals: a road well-traveled. Information Technology for Development, 1-8.
- Andersson, A. , Hedström, K. & Karlsson, F. (2022). “Standardizing information security – a structurational analysis”. Information & Management, 59 (3).
- Viberg, O. , Andersson, A. & Wiklund, M. (2021). Designing for sustainable mobile learning: re-evaluating the concepts ’formal’ and ’informal’. Interactive Learning Environments, 29 (1), 130-141.
- Agélii Genlott, A. , Grönlund, Å. , Viberg, O. & Andersson, A. (2021). Leading dissemination of digital, science-based innovation in school - a case study. Interactive Learning Environments.
- Andersson, A. , Karlsson, F. & Hedström, K. (2020). Consensus versus warfare – unveiling discourses in de jure information security standard development. Computers & security (Print), 99.
- Viberg, O. , Grönlund, Å. & Andersson, A. (2020). Integrating digital technology in mathematics education: A Swedish case study. Interactive Learning Environments.
- Norstedt, E. , Andersson, A. , Pettersson, E. & Klintestrand, S. (2019). “ICT Is for Boys”: Unravelling Inhibitors for Women's Use of ICTs in Developing Countries. International Journal of Information Communication Technologies and Human Development, 11 (2), 1-24.
- Viberg, O. & Andersson, A. (2019). The Role of Self-Regulation and Structuration in Mobile Learning. International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning, 11 (4), 42-58.
- Yingqin, Z. , Hatakka, M. , Sahay, S. & Andersson, A. (2018). Conceptualizing development in information and communication technology for development (ICT4D). Information Technology for Development, 24 (1), 1-14.
- Wiklund, M. & Andersson, A. (2018). Student-initiated use of technology: friend and foe. E-Learning and Digital Media, 15 (1), 3-16.
- Lagsten, J. & Andersson, A. (2018). Use of information systems in social work: challenges and an agenda for future research. European Journal of Social Work, 21 (6), 850-862.
- Andersson, A. & Hatakka, M. (2017). Victim, mother, or untapped resource? Discourse analysis of the construction of women in ICT policies. Information Technologies and International Development, 13, 72-86.
- Andersson, A. , Wiklund, M. & Hatakka, M. (2016). Emerging Collaborative and Cooperative Practices in 1:1 Schools. Technology, Pedagogy and Education, 25 (4), 413-430.
- Islam, M. S. & Andersson, A. (2016). Investigating choices of appropriate devices for one-to-one computing initiatives in schools worldwide. International Journal of Information and Education Technology, 6 (10), 817-825.
- Lim, N. , Grönlund, Å. & Andersson, A. (2015). Cloud computing: the beliefs and perceptions of Swedish school principals. Computers and education, 84, 90-100.
- Andersson, A. , Hatakka, M. , Grönlund, Å. & Wiklund, M. (2014). Reclaiming the students: coping with social media in 1:1 schools. Learning, Media & Technology, 39, 37-52.
- Andersson, A. & Räisänen, K. (2014). Using class blogs in 1:1 schools: searching for unexplored opportunities. Computers in The Schools, 31 (3), 173-196.
- Hellquist, F. , Ibrahim, S. , Jatko, R. , Andersson, A. & Hedström, K. (2013). Getting their Hands Stuck in the Cookie Jar: students’ security awareness in 1:1 laptop schools. International Journal of Public Information Systems, 9 (1), 1-18.
- Hatakka, M. , Andersson, A. & Grönlund, Å. (2013). Students’ use of one to one laptops: a capability approach analysis. Information Technology and People, 26 (1), 94-112.
- Andersson, A. , Grönlund, Å. & Wicander, G. (2012). Development as Freedom: how the Capability Approach can be used in ICT4D Research and Practice. Information Technology for Development, 18 (1), 1-4.
- Khan, S. Z. , Shahid, Z. , Hedström, K. & Andersson, A. (2012). Hopes and fears in implementation of electronic health records in Bangladesh. Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries, 54 (1).
- Andersson, A. , Grönlund, Å. & Åström, J. (2012). “You can't make this a science!”: Analyzing decision support systems in political contexts. Government Information Quarterly, 29 (4), 543-552.
- Andersson, A. & Hatakka, M. (2010). Increasing interactivity in distance educations: Case studies Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Information Technology for Development, 16 (1), 16-33.
- Andersson, A. (2010). Learning e-Learning: the restructuring of students beliefs and assumptions about learning. International Journal on E-learning, 9 (4), 435-461.
- Andersson, A. & Grönlund, Å. (2009). A Conceptual Framework for E-Learning in Developing Countries: A Critical Review of Research Challenges. Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries, 38 (1), 1-16.
- Andersson, A. (2008). Seven major challenges for e-learning in developing countries: Case study eBIT, Sri Lanka. ijEDict - International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communication Technology, 4 (3).
- Twizeyimana, J. D. & Andersson, A. (2019). The public value of E-Government: A literature review. Government Information Quarterly, 36 (2), 167-178.
Chapters in books
- Andersson, A. , Karlsson, F. & Hedström, K. (2017). Konfliktfylld kultur vid framtagande av informationssäkerhetsstandarder. In: Jonas Hallberg, Peter Johansson, Fredrik Karlsson, Frida Lundberg, Björn Lundgren, Marianne Törner, Informationssäkerhet och organisationskultur. Lund: Studentlitteratur AB.
- Zafeiropoulou, S. , Carlsson, S. & Andersson, A. (2015). Towards the Understanding of Success in E-Participatory Budgeting Projects. In: Imed Boughzala, Marijn Janssen, Saïd Assar, Case studies in e-government 2.0: changing citizen relationships (pp. 103-120). New York: Springer-Verlag New York.
- Grönlund, Å. & Andersson, A. (2007). E-gov research 2003-2006: improvements and issues. In: Donald F. Norris, Current issues and trends in e-government research (pp. 247-268). Hershey, PA: Cybertech publishing.
- Andersson, A. , Hatakka, M. , Larsson, H. & Hedström, K. (2021). Citizen Diversity in e-Government Research: Moving the Field Forward. In: Tung X. Bui, Proceedings of the 54th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. Paper presented at 54th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-54), Kauai, Hawaii, USA, January 4-8, 2021. (pp. 4828-4837). University of Hawai'i at Manoa.
- Andersson, A. , Hedström, K. , Siegert, S. & Sommar, C. (2021). Teachers Falling off the Cliff: Affordances and Constraints of Social Media in School. In: Tung X. Bui, Proceedings of the 54th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences January 4-8, 2021. Paper presented at Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-54), Kauai, Hawaii, USA, January 4-8, 2021. (pp. 2995-3004). Honolulu: University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Wistrand, K. , Moll, J. , Hatakka, M. & Andersson, A. (2020). Improving Writing Skills Among Information Systems Students: Guidelines for Incorporating Communication Components in Higher Education. In: 2020 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE). Paper presented at 2020 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE), Uppsala, Sweden, October 21-24, 2020. IEEE.
- Andersson, A. , Hedström, K. & Wihlborg, E. (2018). Automated Decision-Making and Legitimacy in Public Administration. In: Presented at SWEG 2018. The 15th Scandinavian Workshop on E-Government.. Paper presented at 15th Scandinavian Workshop on E-Government (SWEG 2018), Copenhagen, Denmark, January 31 - February 1, 2018.
- Andersson, A. & Hatakka, M. (2013). What are we doing? Theories used in ICT4D research. In: Niall Hayes; Renata Lèbre La Rovere, 12th International Conference on Social Implications of Computers in Developing Countries. Paper presented at 12th International conference on social implications of computers in developing countries, Ocho Rios, Jamaica, May 19-22, 2013. (pp. 282-300).
- Larsson, K. , Andersson, A. , Wikramanayake, G. , Hansson, H. , Glimbert, L. & Weerasinghe, T. (2009). Evaluation of didactics from a cross cultural perspective: the eBIT project : online education in Sri Lanka. In: Proceedings of the 23rd ICDE world conference on open learning and distance education. Paper presented at 23rd ICDE World Conference on Open Learning and Distance Education, Maastricht, The Netherlands, June 7-10.
- Andersson, A. , Hedström, K. & Grönlund, Å. (2009). Learning from e-learning: emerging constructive learning practices. In: Doing IT research that matters. Paper presented at International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Phoenix 2009.
- Andersson, A. (2008). Letters from the field: e-learning students change of learning behaviour in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. In: Proceedings of ECEL 2008 7th European conference on e-Learning. Paper presented at 7th European Conference on e-Learning, Agia Napa, Cyprus, 6-7 November 2008. (pp. 29-37).
- Grönlund, Å. , Andersson, A. & Hatakka, M. (2008). Mobile technologies for development: a comparative study on challenges. In: Proceedings of Sig GlobDev Workshop Paris 2008. Paper presented at SIG GlobDev’s First Annual Workshop, Paris, France, December 13th 2008. Paris: AIS SIG GLobal Development.
- Hatakka, M. , Avdic, A. & Andersson, A. (2007). SCORM: from the perspective of the course designer : a critical review. Paper presented at 6th European Conference on eLearning.
- Grönlund, Å. & Andersson, A. (2006). e-Gov research quality improvements since 2003: more rigor, but research (perhaps) redefined. Paper presented at 5th International Conference on Electronic Government, EGOV 2005.
- Grönlund, Å. , Andersson, A. & Hedström, K. (2006). Right on time: understanding eGovernment in developing countries. In: Eileen M. Trauth, Debra Howcroft, Tom Butler, Brian Fitzgerald, Janice I. DeGross, Social inclusion societal and organizational implications for information systems. Paper presented at IFIP TC8 WG8.2 International Working Conference, July 12–15, 2006, Limerick, Ireland. (pp. 73-87). New York: Springer.
- Andersson, A. (2004). Digital divides revisited: towards a model for analysis. In: Roland Traunmüller, Electronic government Proceedings of the third international conference, EGOV 2004, Zaragoza, Spain, August 30 - September 3, 2004. Paper presented at Third International Conference, EGOV 2004Zaragoza, Spain, August 30 - September 3, 2004. (pp. 289-292). Berlin: Springer.
- Grönlund, Å. & Andersson, A. (2003). Accessibility revisited: identifying research gaps. Paper presented at DEXA Conference.
Doctoral theses, comprehensive summaries
- Andersson, A. (2010). Learning to learn in e-Learning: constructive practices for development. (Doctoral dissertation). (Comprehensive summary) Örebro: Örebro universitet.
- Twizeyimana, J. D. & Andersson, A. The public value of e-Government : anticipations in the IREMBO project in Rwanda.
- Andersson, A. , Hedström, K. & Karlsson, F. (2016). Terminologi och begrepp inom informationssäkerhet: Hur man skapar en språkgemenskap. Karlstad: Myndigheten för samhällsskydd och beredskap (MSB).