Samira PradoTitle: Researcher School/office: School of Medical Sciences
Phone: +46 19 303470
About Samira Prado
Samira Prado joined Nutrition-Gut-Brain Interactions Research Centre (NGBI) group in February 2020 as a Postdoctoral researcher within the Food and Health Programme. Samira did her PhD at the University of Sao Paulo (USP) and her main focus was to evaluate the structural-dependent effects of dietary fibres on colon cancer, microbiota functioning and other immune interactions. Now, she is working on conducting human interventions to evaluate dietary proteins' effects on gut-related metabolites and dietary biomarkers. Additionally, through in vitro models such as cell culture and colonic fermentation, she is interested in evaluating the predictability of in vitro assays by validating them in vivo. Samira is involved in teaching activities and is the Faculty of Medicine and Health representative of Örebro Junior Faculty.
Articles in journals
- Bernardino Ramos do Prado, S. , Minguzzi, B. T. , Hoffmann, C. & Fabi, J. P. (2021). Modulation of human gut microbiota by dietary fibers from unripe and ripe papayas: Distinct polysaccharide degradation using a colonic in vitro fermentation model. Food Chemistry, 348.
- Soares, C. G. , Bernardino Ramos do Prado, S. , Andrade, S. C. S. & Fabi, J. P. (2021). Systems Biology Applied to the Study of Papaya Fruit Ripening: The Influence of Ethylene on Pulp Softening. Cells, 10 (9).
- Prado, S. B. , Beukema, M. , Jermendi, E. , Schols, H. A. , de Vos, P. & Fabi, J. P. (2020). Pectin Interaction with Immune Receptors is Modulated by Ripening Process in Papayas. Scientific Reports, 10.
- Ramos do Prado, S. B. , Santos, G. R. , Mourão, P. A. & Fabi, J. P. (2019). Chelate-soluble Pectin Fraction From Papaya Pulp Interacts With galectin-3 and Inhibits Colon Cancer Cell Proliferation. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 126, 170-178.
- Ramos do Prado, S. B. , Shiga, T. M. , Horazono, Y. , Hogan, V. A. , Raz, A. , Carpita, N. C. & Fabi, J. P. (2019). Migration and proliferation of cancer cells in culture are differentially affected by molecular size of modified citrus pectin. Carbohydrate Polymers, 211, 141-151.
- Ramos do Prado, S. B. , Ferreira, G. F. , Yosuke, H. , Shiga, T. M. , Raz, A. , Carpita, N. C. & Fabi, J. P. (2017). Ripening-induced chemical modifications of papaya pectin inhibit cancer cell proliferation. Scientific Reports, 7, 1-17.
- de Menezes, E. W. , Grande, F. , Giuntini, E. B. , Cardoso Lopes, T. d. V. , Tanosov Dan, M. C. , Ramos do Prado, S. B. , Gombossy de Melo Franco, B. D. , Charrondierre, U. R. & et al. (2016). Impact of Dietary Fiber Energy on the Calculation of Food Total Energy Value in the Brazilian Food Composition Database. Food Chemistry, 193, 128-133.
- Ramos do Prado, S. B. , Giuntini, E. B. , Grande, F. & de Menezes, E. W. (2016). Techniques to evaluate changes in the nutritional profile of food products. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, 53, 1-6.
- Fabi, J. P. & Ramos do Prado, S. B. (2019). Fast and furious: Ethylene-triggered changes in the metabolism of papaya fruit during ripening. Frontiers in Plant Science, 10.
Chapters in books
- Lopes, R. , do Prado, S. & Fabi, J. (2019). Nutrition, the Gastrointestinal Microbiota and Cancer Prevention. In: Thomas Prates Ong, Fernando Salvador Moreno, Nutrition and Cancer Prevention: From Molecular Mechanisms to Dietary Recommendations (pp. 261-293). . Royal Society of Chemistry.