About this project
BABIS-4 assesses prevalence of bowel- and bladder disorders in 4 year old Swedish children.
All families to 4-year old children at 7 child care centers in Dalarna are asked to answer a websurwey with validated questions about bowel- and bladder symptoms, the process of potty training and quality of life.
All children with parent-repoerted bowel and bladder symtoms and a random 10% of all participating children will be asked to come to an examination with ultrasound for rectal diameter.
Research funding bodies
- Centrum för Klinisk Forskning Dalarna
- Sjukvårdsregionala forskningsrådet Mellansverige
- Anna-Lena Hellström, Sahlgrenska akademin
- Elisabet Gustavsson, Uppsala universitet
- Region Dalarna
- Ulla Sillen, Sahlgrenska akademin