About this project
The project aims at understanding how so called monocytic MDSCs responds to threat and how they control the subsequent immune response. This project uses an endotoxin-tolerance model to reprogram primary monocytes into MDSC-like cell. The main objectives is to understand which immune mediators and signaling pathways are crucial for controlling other parts of the immune system (ex. T cells) and find new ways of restoring inflammatory capacity i.e through inflammasome activation. Toghether with collaborators, we hope to creat mechanistic models of MDSCs in silico, which can be used to identify molecular targets for revoking immunsuppression in inflammatory diseases.
- Docent Elin Nyman, Linköpings universitet,
- Docent Gunnar Cedersund, Linköpings universitet,
- Dr Carina Sihlbom, Göteborgs universitet,
- Dr Roger Karlsson, Nanoxis Consulting ,
- Professor Jan Ernerudh, Linköpings universitet ,