About this team
Our research investigates consequences of the health condition among individuals with limb deficiency or amputation. Our focus is on how treatments such as surgery, training of function and activity performance, treatment of phantom limb pain, prostheses and other assistive technology devices, and environmental adaptations, enable an active and independent life.
The research also covers prevention of over-use and pain in upper limb amputees, and prevention of amputation in people with diabetes.
In order to measure correctly the effect of treatments, we need instruments of good psychometric quality. Thus, we also develop and validate questionnaires and observational-based tests.
Our research is carried out in collaboration with researchers from Sweden, Europe, North America, Africa and Asia.
Research funding bodies
- National Health Care Science Postgraduate School
- Norrbacka Eugenia Foundation
- Uppsala-Örebro Regional Research Council
- The Swedish Foundation Frimurare Barnhuset i Stockholm
- The Promobilia foundation
- University Health Care Research Center, Region Örebro County