Occupational Therapy focuses on knowledge about how human occupation influences the development, health and wellbeing of individuals. The subject includes knowledge on how people choose and prioritize their activities related to their resources and what they find meaningful. Further how disease, injury and physical, social and societal circumstances affect the occupational performance, occupational balance and participation of the individual. Occupation as a therapeutic mean and Occupational Therapy interventions that are prescribed to promote occupational performance are also studied in Occupational Therapy.
The Occupational Therapy research at Örebro University concerns promoting health and enabling occupational performance and participation for people with disability and impairment. The research projects are focused on I) the development of new interventions and investigating their effects, II) the development and evaluation of instruments to measure occupational performance or III) describing and understanding the everyday life of people with disabilities in order to generate more knowledge to understand different life aspects related to activity and participation.
- Ahmed Amer
- Katarina Baudin
- Nina Buer
- Carin Fredriksson
- Liselotte Hermansson
- Marie Holmefur
- Marie Jönsson
- Kajsa Lidström-Holmqvist
- Helen Lindner
- Cecilia Pettersson
- Lis Sjöberg
- Cathrine Widehammar
- Maria Yilmaz
- Alexandra Björck, PhD student
- Lena Johansson, PhD student
- Paulina Norén, PhD student
- Lisa Spang, PhD student
- Maria Wingren, PhD student
- ALVA - Health, care and everyday activities of older people
- Freestanding projects within the research environment REAL
- Promoting Mobility and Independence using Technology (PROMIT)
- Time management skills in people with cognitive limitations (TOVA)
- TUMA - Treatment in Upper and lower limb Malformation or Amputation
- Ageing in the right place - experiences of daily life leading to a nursing home application.
- Assessment of Capacity for Myoelectric Control (ACMC)
- Assessment of difficulties in everyday life - validation of the Swedish self-administered version of World Health Organization Disability Assessment Schedule 2.0 in a psychiatric population
- Benefit and use of myoelectric prosthesis
- Can prosthetic wrist reduce compensatory movements among upper limb prosthesis users?
- Congenital limb deficiency - early intervention and later outcomes
- Development of the Assisting Hand Assessment-PAD: A Rasch-built performance measure for people with unilateral upper limb prosthesis (P), amputation (A) or reduction deficiency (D)
- Evaluation of the "Let's Get Organized" group intervention to improve time management: a multi-centre randomized controlled trial
- Everyday activities in older adults readmitted to hospital and discharged to home
- Freedom, Rights and Existence for Everyone - in a digital society (FREE)
- Further development of the Assisting Hand Assessment (AHA)
- In the light of COVID-19 pandemic - efforts of community staff to prevent and minimize the spread of COVID-19 virus among older people who visit community day centres.
- Long term follow-up of 'Let's get organized' - an intervention to improve time management
- Longitudinal development of hand function in children and youth with unilateral cerebral palsy
- Parents' experiences of time management and parenthood after the intervention Let's Get Organized.
- Psychometric properties of two assessment tools for use in children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy - Childrens Hand-use Experience Questionnaire and the Pediatric Evaluation of Disability Inventory
- Translation and validation of the Swedish version of the World Health Organization - Disability Assessment Schedule (WHODAS) 2.0
- Bibliometric analysis of research within the area of assistive technology devices
- Creative activities as a means in therapy
- Effect of a powered assistive device for people with low grip force in the hand
- Eye gaze technology in everyday activities for persons with disabilities
- Occupation as a means in occupational therapy
- The significance of a powered wheelchair: focus on elderly users, next of kin and cost-effectiveness
- Translation and evaluation of test-retest reliability of the Weekly Calendar Planning Activity (WCPA)