Sirajul IslamTjänstetitel: Universitetslektor Organisation: Handelshögskolan vid Örebro universitet
Telefon: 019 303296
Om Sirajul Islam
Dr. M. Sirajul Islam is an Associate professor (Docent) in Information Systems at the Informatics Department of Örebro University School of Business, Sweden. Siraj is specialized in teaching and research in the areas of eGovernment, Management Information Systems, ICTs for rural development (ICT4D), Design Science and Qualitative methods in IS research. He has more than a decade of experience as a faculty member, researcher as well as academic administrator in Bangladesh, Sweden, France, and Rwanda.
He is at present the Head of Master's Programme in Information Systems (Information Security Management). Formerly, he was a Coordinator of an international master program in Information Systems (eGovernment specialization) designed for the University of Rwanda (based on a blended-teaching approach) which was funded by SIDA through the project called "University of Rwanda (UR) -Sweden Programme for Research, Higher Education and Institutional Advancement " (2013-2018). He had served as a Deputy Team Leader of the 'eGovernment sub-programme' in this project.
Siraj received his PhD in Informatics (ICT4D focus) in 2011 and MSc in Informatics (eGovernment specialisation) from Örebro University, MBAs both in Finance and Digital Technologies Management, and a Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) from North South University, Bangladesh. During his postgraduate study at the Informatics department, he was also assigned as a Coordinator of the ‘International Network for Postgraduate Students in the area of ICT4D (IPID)’. After completing his PhD study, he worked as a Postdoctoral researcher in 'ICT for Education' (ICT4E) at Örebro University School of Business.
In 2012, Siraj received a prestigious ‘Börje Langefors best doctoral dissertation award’ from the Swedish Academy of Information Systems (Svenska informationssystemakademin) in recognition of the quality of his research in informatics in Sweden. He is one of the recipients of the ‘Strengthening ICTD Research Capacity in Asia (SIRCA)’ fellowship from Nanyang Technology University, Singapore.
As part of community services, Siraj has been involved in some journals and international conferences relevant to ICT4D and eGovernment research, namely IJESMA, ITD, JAIS (Special issue), ECIS2018-2017, IFIP9.4 2017, SWEG, IFIPeGOV, ICEGOV, ECISM, HICCS, ICTD2015 and ICTD2013. He is currently serving as an Editor of the following two (Web of Science) journals :
- Electronic Journal of Information Systems (EJISDC) - Senior Editor
- Journal of Global Information Technology Management (JGITM) - Editor
List of courses currently to teach :
- Design Research in Information Systems, 7.5 Credits (PhD level)
- IK409A : Qualitative Methods in Information Systems Research, 7.5 credits (Master's level)
- IK408A: Information Systems Theories, 7.5 credits (Master's level)
- IK411A: Professional and Academic Communication, 7. 5 credits (Master's level)
- IK412A: Thesis, 30 credits (Master's level)
- IK300G: Informatik med systemvetenskaplig inriktning (Module : Kunskapsutveckling inom informatik/Knowledge development in Informatics), 7.5 credits (Bachelor level)
- Solange Mukamurenzi (Rwanda), Topic: E-Government Service Evaluation in Rwanda: A Design Perspective (On-going)
- Pierre Bakunzibake (Rwanda), Topic: Service Process Re-design for Improved Provision of eServices (Completed)
- Wairagala Wakabi (Uganda), Topic: eParticipation in authoritarian countries (Completed)