About this project
The aims of the project are development and application of an effect-based chemical risk assessment strategy for sites contaminated with complex mixtures of organic and inorganic contaminants. Objectives and scientific questions:
- Develop effect-based chemical risk assessment of areas contaminated with mixtures of different pollutants.
- Develop effect-based chemical risk assessment for monitoring of risk reduction during remediation activities.
- Develop novel bioreporters to measure the toxic response caused by single compounds and mixtures.
- Develop EDA procedures to find new toxicity drivers.
- Generate a better understanding of toxicant interaction of key contaminants in complex mixtures of organic and inorganic chemicals.
- Investigate molecular and morphological alterations in organisms caused by mixture toxicity.